Saturday, July 21, 2012

So I wrote a poem...

While looking through an old journal of mine, I stumbled upon a poem I wrote on 9/22/2009...So I thought I'd share...Hope you like it!!!!

My Makeup

My makeup hides my mood, it's a lie.
My makeup disguises the way I feel inside.

Without I look cool, fabulous, and fly,
but within, I could just break down and cry.

Depression, oppression, what is this I'm feeling?
There are walls all around and above me no glass ceiling.

Is this my fate? Is this all life will be for me? 
Giving up ME to do for my family?

I used to have BIG dreams...FADE...
I have visions now, or are they just notes on a page?

How do I believe again when they seem so far out of my grasp?
Should I just accept that they are wishes? 
Like smoke from a birthday candle, they'll pass?

There has to be more for me!
I don't know how.
There has to be more for me!
Maybe just not now....

That's what I keep telling myself.
It's just not my time.
One day I'll have the FREEDOM to do more...
More time, more energy, more HELP!

In the dark of the night into my pillow I SCREAM!!!
Letting the pillowcase dry my tears.

You're my best friend, and you don't feel me.
You're my best friend, and I don't feel your support.
You're MY -- BEST -- FRIEND!!!!
At least that's what I thought....

You don't see my value,
You dismiss my wisdom for just talk.
I am a TREASURE that you would be proud of, if only you could really 
SEE ME, FEEL ME, HEAR ME!

But it's coming though..My day will be here soon.
And when it does, I won't push you aside or make you feel I don't need you.

So I'll continue to wear my makeup, to hide the pain I feel inside.
Until my inside feels as beautiful as my outside, and my makeup is 
no longer a lie.

©Copyright 2009 Dera4life productions


No comments:

Post a Comment