Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Unable to praise God enough!

Around 1:30 am Tuesday morning as I was finally getting to bed I heard a loud CRACK, then a POP, a whoosh and then a boom.  A big oak tree in my backyard had fallen.  There was no wind and no rain or any other outside force that would make it fall other than the tree being dead.

Well as soon as I heard the first crack, I knew which tree it was and I was terrified because I knew that it had the possibility of falling on the house and it's path would be to hit our deck and my daughter's bedroom, right above her bed where she was sleeping.  So my husband and I jumped up out of bed and went to take a look and we were relieved to know that it didn't make a direct hit with the house.  The next morning we were able to see the full scope of what happened:

The top reached all the way to the parking area on the side of the house


It (conveniently) landed on the woodpile

It cracked (dead and hollow inside) and  made a 1/4 turn when it fell

This is where my daughter was asleep
The gutter sustained all the damage
If God's hand hadn't caused the tree to make that 1/4 turn, it would have landed on the deck and over my daughter's room and bed between those two windows.  If God's hand hadn't turned that tree, the outcome could have been my family in the hospital waiting room or worse, the tragedy of losing my 6 year old daughter....Had it not been for God's merciful, wonderful, gracious hand, things would have been in a bad state for my family.  So I am GRATEFUL for God and His mercy shown to us on last night.  And my mere 'thank you' to Him for sparing my daughter's life and sparing my family another tragedy, just doesn't seem like enough....Now I truly understand for myself the phrase "If I had 10,000 tongues, I still could not praise Him enough."    God is so great and I give HIM all the glory, honor, and praise for what He did for us.   GOD IS MORE THAN AWESOME and I will forever love Him and for ever give Him praise! Hallelujah!!!!! Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment